General Postbaccalaureate Degree Requirements
Second baccalaureate/postbaccalaureate degrees (post-bac) are available to students who have completed a baccalaureate degree at an accredited institution. Requirements are as follows:
- Residence credits after earning first degree from another institution: 45 credits (25 of these must be graded A-F). If first degree is earned at PSU: 36 credits
- Degree requirements: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Music or Bachelor of Fine Arts (if this will be a different degree from first degree)
- Major requirements (courses taken for first degree can be used)
- PSU GPA of 2.0
- WR 323 - if the first degree is from institution where the language of instruction is not English
- Post-bac students do NOT need to fulfill PSU's general education requirements (University Studies or University Honors).
Post-bac students may also complete certificates (but not minors unless accompanied by a major). Requirements are:
- 30 residence credits and WR 323 (if the first degree is from an institution where the language of instruction is not English)
- Certificate requirements
Students seeking a second bachelor's degree should meet with an adviser in their academic department. Students taking courses towards medical or dental school should meet with a pre-health adviser in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences by calling 503-725-3822.
Students taking courses as prerequisites for other graduate or professional programs should contact Karen Popp (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Office of Graduate Studies.
Additional information is available for International Post-bac Students.
Please see the Admissions website for information about how to apply as a postbaccalaureate student.