For information on your general undergraduate requirements, connect with advisors in Advising and Career Services. In addition to picking out classes, academic advisors can help you:
- Satisfy your mandatory advising requirement
- Explore academic, career, and life goals
- Navigate this big institution you are now a part of
- Identify and overcome challenges you may face; and
- Discuss the stress of balancing college with everything else in your life
Students majoring in psychology are part of the Society and Identity Pathway. Students in this pathway are assigned to an advisor based on the last 2 digits of their PSU ID number. Advisors have 15, 30 and 45-minute appointments.
For general inquiries, email email@example.com or call the Virtual Front Desk at 503-725-3822. Advising and Career Services is located in Fariborz Maseeh Hall, Suite 360.
Psychology is one of the biggest majors on campus, with many faculty working with students. Faculty can help:
- Discuss the classroom experience in the major
- Identify research opportunities
- Explore career and graduate school options
- Explore career and life goals
Think of what questions you have for faculty members about their work, their specialty areas in psychology, and your future. Once you are prepared to connect with the faculty member, find them in the directory.
Peer advisors are PSU students selected based on their advanced experience as psychology majors. Peer advisors are available for drop-in questions, and can help you:
- Learn about the Psychology program
- Find what you need at PSU
- Pick psychology courses
- Refer to academic advisors if needed, and help you schedule an appointment
You can contact Peer Advisors by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Psychology Department administers a listserv for majors and other interested students. All students with an interest in psychology are encouraged to sign up for the listserv in order to stay informed about upcoming events and opportunities (career workshops, for example). To subscribe, email email@example.com, and type, "subscribe psychweb" in your message. If you have trouble signing up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly.