About This Course
Teams can accomplish great things when individual talents, experiences, and perspectives find a way to work in collaboration to meet business goals. This course provides an employee engagement framework and practical team building training to give students the tools and skills to create and empower effective teams.
STRATEGIC ORGANIZATIONAL MANAGEMENT
Rooted in the organizational development (OD) and human resource (HR) management disciplines, strategic organizational management (SOM) is the process of building organizational performance through employee and leadership development, and thereby strengthening an organization’s culture and capacity for...
What You’ll Learn
Upon completion of this course, students will have gained the knowledge to:
- Build teams on a foundation of trust, aligned with shared vision and purpose;
- Recognize the stages of team development and understand team dynamics;
- Diagnose and clearly communicate team/performance gaps;
- Select appropriate interventions for team issues;
- Implement leadership skills and tools to help teams achieve their full potential and overcome obstacles;
- Foster and sustain employee engagement.
The Learning Environment
This course is delivered in a virtual format and combines lectures, discussions, and group activities.
Courses may be taken individually and in any order unless otherwise noted. Four courses are required to complete the certificate. If pursuing the certificate, all courses in the certificate program must be completed within three years. Visit the program page for a recommended sequence.
Allison Brown has worked in senior roles in human resources, organizational development, and learning and development, including positions with Penske, Rite Aid, and Columbia Sportswear Company. She specializes in change management, strategic human resources, coaching, leadership, and project management. Allison earned a master's degree from Portland State University.