Portland State University is committed to ensuring all students have the access and support they need to achieve their goals. Through the President's Equal Access Scholarship, PSU is able to support students from diverse backgrounds and experiences, including racial and ethnic backgrounds, that are traditionally underrepresented in higher education.
Meet Our Scholars
The President's Equal Access Scholarship has helped students in significant ways:
- Provided crucial support to diverse first generation college students to obtain a higher education degree.
- Provided critical funding to pay for tuition for students with little to zero expected family contribution (EFC), often times averting the need for a student to drop-out due to lack of funding.
- Provided opportunities for service learning and campus involvement.
- Facilitated student engagement around issues relevant to our desire to be an equitable and inclusive community.
- Supported students who have typically being underrepresented in higher education.
- Supported non-traditionally aged students.
The Difference You Can Make
With your support, Portland State can make it possible for increasing numbers of first-generation, high need—and high potential—students to enroll in college, succeed in their studies and complete a degree. Your gift to the President's Equal Access Scholarship helps to provide more financial assistance to deserving students so that all PSU students have an opportunity to thrive. Since it was established in 2011, the President's Equal Access Scholarship has awarded nearly $1.2 million and helped more than 800 students fund their education. Make a gift today to the President's Equal Access Scholarship Fund.
Online Scholarship Application
The 2020-2021 PEAS scholarship application is now closed. We will announce the 2021-2022 scholarship soon!
Visit the PSU Scholarships website to learn more about available scholarships and the scholarship application process. You will also find the schedule of upcoming scholarship workshops and tips on completing your application.