Student F.A.Q.

How do my professors find out about my accommodations?

After going through the registration process, in order to use any accommodations in future terms, it is your responsibility to enter your Service Request in DRC Online at the beginning of each term. For help with this process, watch our tutorial video about how to submit the Service Request. Once the Service Request is submitted, the DRC will then send out your Faculty Notification Letters to each of your instructors.

Will my disability information be kept confidential?

The Disability Resource Center takes our responsibility to protect your confidential information seriously. Our Confidentiality webpage is designed to help students understand what is and is not considered confidential information, who has access to DRC records, and disclosure and mandatory reporting obligations.

How do I request an interpreter for an out-of-class event?

You can always request an interpreter for an event or activity happening on campus. For information regarding how to go about making special requests, you can use the Request ASL Interpreting or Captioning form. In order to complete the request, you will need the time, date and location of the event. You can also send a message to the Access Services Coordinator at should you have any questions about requesting an interpreter.

What do I do if I feel my accommodations are not giving me equal access in my classes?

If at any point you feel you do not have equal access or that the accommodations are ineffective, please contact the DRC immediately. We are happy to work with you to find appropriate solutions to ensure accessibility.

What happens if a professor does not want to provide an accommodation?

Generally, professors are incredibly accommodating and able to provide all approved academic accommodations. In the rare occurrence that a professor does not understand an accommodation or refuses to provide one, you should contact the DRC immediately. The DRC is responsible for ensuring that all students with disabilities have equal access to their education, and we will work with you and your professor to make sure you have access.

Are accommodations available to me while I’m studying abroad?

Accommodations may be available to you while you’re studying in another country. Those accommodations may need to be different than those you may receive while on P.S.U.’s campus. To find out what accommodations are available to you, please contact your Ed Abroad Advisor or your DRC Access Counselor & Consultant, or see more information on the Students with Disabilities Study Abroad webpage.

If you have questions about the information on this page, please contact the Disability Resource Center.

Phone: 503-725-4150

Check our home page for our hours and contact information.