Covid-19 Outbreak Campus Events Guidelines
UPDATED July 1, 2021
- Maximum occupancy limits related to COVID-19 have been removed in meeting rooms, classrooms, communal spaces, gathering spaces, elevators, bathrooms and elsewhere on campus.
- All attendees must wear face coverings in University facilities. Exceptions are in closed offices and private space.
- PSU groups and departments can request date holds and meeting spaces.
- External clients are invited to plan events on campus.
- Events with more than 250 people will require additional review.
- Space requests must be submitted at least 10 days in advance via the CESU Event Inquiry Form.
- Check ]the PSU coronavirus response webpage, for updates to our Covid-19 protocols.
To Plan a Meeting
Note: Do not use the EMS online app at this time. Schedule all events through the CESU office.
Send a request via the Campus Events & Student Union office Event Inquiry Form
- A CESU staff member will be in contact to finalize the reservation. Be sure to let staff know your plans for hybrid meetings (those that will include in-person and virtual attendees). Ask about the status of multimedia gear in your meeting room. Many Smith meeting rooms are being upgraded at this time.
- Notify your attendees of the guidelines for meeting attendance.
- Work with CAVET if AV assistance is needed.
- Submit a plan to PSU Eats if catering is sought.
DAY OF EVENT
On the day of the meeting, plan to arrive a few minutes early if you need to prepare for a Zoom or virtual component. This will be included the scheduled time on your reservation to avoid overlaps.
Important: Event organizers are responsible for informing attendees about proper public health protocols.
- Be sure all attendees are wearing face coverings. Face coverings should be worn by presenters and attendees during the entire event.
- Remind attendees that University guidelines on public health need to be followed during the event. Ask anyone who has a high temperature or appears visibly ill to depart Smith and attend virtually, if possible.
- If an attendee needs accommodations regarding face coverings or physical distancing, make sure all attendees are aware that accommodations are being made so that others can choose whether or not to remain. It is best practice not to identify individual(s) while making these announcements. Contact your event manager or CESU staff if you need further assistance respecting an accommodation.
- At the end of your event, notify the CESU staff you have finished using the room.
- Rooms will be cleaned following each event.
What to Expect From CESU
- Your room will be cleaned prior to the event and closed until your meeting begins.
- Hand sanitizers are located throughout Smith.
- An on-site event manager will be available to assist with questions and concerns.
- Rooms will be cleaned after each event.
Additional information on hosting a campus meeting or event:
email@example.com • 503-725-2663
Off-campus activities affiliated with PSU groups, departments
All Portland State events and activities must follow University Covid-19 related policies and guidelines as well as any requirements posted at the off-campus location.
The Events Committee, a subcommittee of the University's Incident Management Team, is available to review off-campus event requests to ensure compliance with PSU and local health authority Covid-19 sector specific guidance. Requests for off-campus event review must be accompanied by the completion of a Campus Events inquiry form and floor plan of the proposed location, to scale.
Portland State encourages groups to continue to utilize virtual meeting options in lieu of in-person gathering when possible. If the event will be required for a registered class, the requester must work with the Office of the Registrar to ensure the event complies with the course listing.