Social Media Commenting Guidelines
Portland State University supports forums for the free and open exchange of ideas on PSU’s social media channels such as YouTube, Twitter etc.
PSU does not prescreen comments. Comments are submitted by individuals, including PSU students, faculty and staff, and do not reflect the opinions or policies of PSU.
PSU reserves the right to remove any material that violates its commenting guidelines.
- Do not use pornographic, obscene, defamatory or otherwise inappropriate language.
- Do not post dehumanizing material, including content that is racist, xenophobic, homophobic, misogynistic or bigoted against individuals or groups.
- Differences of opinion are welcome, but please be respectful. Do not abuse others by name-calling or other attacks.
- Please stay on topic. Trolling comments or unrelated posts are discouraged.
- Do not disclose information that is confidential by law or regulation. Do not violate anyone's privacy by “doxing” or publishing their private information.
- Do not promote or advocate illegal activity.
- Do not post material that violates copyrights or trademarks. If you share material from other sources, attribute it.
- Do not advertise or promote commercial products, services, entities or individuals.
- Comments that violate PSU's guidelines may be removed, and repeat offenders may be prohibited from participating in social media platforms.
- PSU also reserves the right to terminate involvement by users who post such content.
All users, including social media page administrators, are subject to the terms of service of each social media site. In addition, references made to third-party content or websites do not indicate endorsement or responsibility on behalf of the university.