Alternative Spring Break
Apply Now to Attend the Virtual Alternative Spring Break
Deepen your understanding of borders, migration, and social justice
Explore the difficulties of migration and life along the U.S./Mexico border in this two-day immersion with BorderLinks. There are only 8 slots available. Early applications encouraged!
Why Alternative Spring Break?
Students share their experiences
PSU students passionate about the Alternative Spring Break program share what the experience of these immersive service-learning trips has meant to them.
Join us for a virtual Alternative Spring Break experience: Deepen your understanding of borders, migration, and social justice in this two-day immersion with BorderLinks. Apply to attend on GivePulse by Thursday, March 11th. There are only 8 slots available. Early applications encouraged!
Our partner for this experience is BorderLinks.Through dynamic educational experiences, BorderLinks connects divided communities, raises awareness about the impact of the border and immigration policies, and inspires action for social transformation. Learn more about BorderLinks.
Workshop sessions will be hosted on:
- Initial pre-immersion orientation: Thursday, March 18th from 5-6 pm
- Two Day Immersion: Mon 3/22 and Tues 3/30 (10am - 5pm)
Examples of Past Alternative Spring Break Trips
Our office typically hosts two Alternative Spring Break trips each year. Locations & issue areas have included:
- San Francisco, CA: Focus on Hunger, Houselessness, & Social Equity
- Portland, OR: Focus on Social Isolation
- Camp Campbell, Santa Cruz County, CA: Focus on the Environment & Youth Outdoor Education
- Sequoia National Park, CA: Focus on Conservation & Environmental Justice
- Portland, OR: Focus on Food Security
- Oregon Coast, OR: Focus on Social Issues in Coastal Communities
- Tacoma, WA: Focus on Affordable Housing