Complaint Resolution

Complaint Resolution

Two PSU online students relaxing in a park

Find Solutions

Portland State University seeks to resolve student concerns in an efficient, fair and amicable manner. If you have a grievance, we encourage you to pursue internal resolution as outlined below:

  • Specific course or program issues: First contact the course instructor. If the issue remains, contact the academic department offering the course or program. Find contact information on the Undergraduate Programs page or the Graduate Programs page.
  • Admissions issues (eligibility and process): Contact the Office of Admissions at 503-725-3511.
  • Registration and records issues (residency, registration, petitions, records, transcripts, degree requirements, and veteran's services): Contact the Office of the Registrar at 503-725-3220.
  • Money matters (billing, tuition and fee payments): Contact the Office of Student Finance at 503-725-3440.
  • Scholarships and financial aid issues (loans, scholarships, grants): Contact the Office of Student Finance at 503-725-3461.
  • Student life concerns (ADA, student conduct, well-being): Contact the Dean of Student Life office at 503-725-4422.

If your grievance is not resolved by internal means, file a complaint with the state where you live. The links below direct you to the appropriate state agency: