How to Apply
Graduate Certificate in Gerontology
How to Apply
PSU students already enrolled in a graduate program at PSU:
- Prepare a one-page essay discussing your interest and career objective in gerontology, relating your interest to any previous experiences or education.
- Complete the digital GO-19 form to add the Certificate to your current course of study. Complete the student information part of the form, check the option “I wish to add to my present program”. Instructions on how to fill out the form are available on the Graduate Schools' Digital GO Forms page.
- After you've completed the digital GO-19 form online, submit your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undergraduate PSU students and people who are not currently enrolled at PSU:
Undergraduate students and prospective students who are not currently enrolled at PSU must apply for admission to the University as a graduate student AND for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Gerontology program (see instructions below). The applications are submitted concurrently through the PSU online application system, but they are two separate processes; graduate admission to PSU does not guarantee admission to any particular graduate program, but it is required.
Note that international students must submit additional documents prior to their admission to PSU, including proof of their proficiency in English (e.g., TOEFL score). Visit PSU’s International Admissions page and PSU’s Office of International Affairs to learn more.
- Go to PSU’s Graduate Admissions page to access the online application portal. This online application system will allow you to provide your personal information, upload materials (see below), and track your application status online. Select the Graduate Certificate in Gerontology as your desired program. By submitting a single application through this application system, you will be considered for graduate admission to PSU as well as the certificate program.
- Submit the following documents (please note that university departments do not share files; therefore, we cannot access documents or transcripts you have submitted in the past to PSU’s Office of Admissions or any other department):
- A one-page essay discussing your interest and career objectives in gerontology, relating your interest to any previous experiences or education.
- Two evaluations/references from individuals who know you as a student, mentee, or employee.
- Official transcripts for all of your previously earned college credit.
Visit the pages of PSU’s Graduate School for further information for current and prospective graduate students.