Our program is enrolled on an academic year schedule, with a September start for most children new to our program. Occasional mid-year openings are filled as they become available. Our program is designed to provide full-day child care and education. A limited number of two-day and three-day per week enrollment slots are available in the infant, toddler and transitions classrooms.
Family enrollment priorities:
- Active PSU Student Families: One or both parents are enrolled in at least 8 undergraduate credits or 5 graduate credits per term;
- Active PSU Faculty/Staff Families: One or both parents are employed at least 0.5FTE as PSU Faculty or Staff;
- Community Families: Do not have an affiliation with Portland State University through a student or faculty/staff status.
Applications for enrollment
Please see the parent forms and resources below for more information on enrollment and costs.
- Waitlist application
- Monthly rates
- HGCDC's 2019-2020 immunization rates, posted as per The Oregon Health Authority requirements.
- Multnomah County's 2019-20 immunization rates, posted as per The Oregon Health Authority requirements.
Family tuition assistance and subsidy
- The CCAMPIS grant helps pay between 30-50% of Helen Gordon Center’s monthly tuition costs
- Jim Sells Subsidy Program helps pay a percentage toward on and off-campus childcare
- Oregon DHS: Child Care The Employment Related Day Care program (ERDC) helps eligible low-income working families pay for childcare.
- Parent As Scholars helps support parents who are or will be undergraduates in beginning or continuing a two- or four-year degree program.
- Oregon Student Child Care Grant assists parents enrolled in post-secondary education obtain safe, dependable care that supports their children’s development while allowing completion of the parent’s academic programs