Already a PSU student? 

If you're already a PSU student, you do not need to apply or be accepted into the Certificate program. Simply:

1) After logging into Banweb, under the student tab, select "change academic program". 

2) Select "Applied Linguistics" as the major 

3) Select "Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Certificate" as the secondary major.

4) Make an appointment with the Applied Linguistics faculty advisor by emailing:

Costs and finance options

Detailed cost information can be found here. Financing may be available through grants, scholarships, loans (federal and private) and institutional financing plans. Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid to learn more.

Not yet a PSU student? 

If you are not yet a PSU student: 

1) Apply to PSU as an undergraduate or as a post-baccalaureate using the online admissions application:

2) Select the TESL Certificate in Banweb:

3) Make an appointment with the Applied Linguistics Faculty Advisor by emailing: