Get Involved: Students
There are many opportunities for students to get involved with sustainability at PSU.
Explore our programs, get involved, and help us create a more just and sustainable
campus and community!
- Sign up for our monthly student sustainability
e-newsletter to get updates about sustainability
news, scholarships, jobs, events, and more.
- Attend an upcoming sustainability event.
- Check out current opportunities for students to get involved with sustainability on and off campus.
- Download the free PSU Chinook Book mobile app to get money-saving coupons and sustainability tips.
- The Sustainability Leadership Center offers employment and volunteer opportunities to help students engage with sustainability ideas and efforts
- PSU has many student groups working toward a more sustainable world. Join one, or start your own!
- PSU’s community garden allows students the opportunity to cultivate their own garden plots on campus. Students living on campus receive priority.
- Join the ranks of the changemakers at PSU.
- Learn about sustainability issues in your area of study, check out PSU’s list of sustainability courses.
- Check out what actions you can take to help green
- Find or donate free school and office supplies at the ReUse Room, Cramer Hall room 180.
- Explore off-campus volunteer opportunities, internships, jobs, scholarships, grants, and more.
- PSU partners with local businesses, nonprofits, and government agencies to connect students with paid and unpaid sustainability internships, and career counselor Mary Vance is specifically dedicated to helping students discover their pathway to a
- Many departments offer paid Graduate Assistant positions related to sustainability that provide tuition remission for graduate students.
- Sustainability travel awards are available to assist students with expenses associated with presenting research at key sustainability conferences and events
- University Honors grants sustainability scholarships
to incoming freshmen interested in urban sustainability.