Mathematics and Statistics Placement
Mathematics and Statistics Placement in ALEKS...
- Determines your current mathematical knowledge, and displays it as a detailed pie chart called MyPie.
- The math placement test score is valid for one year.
- Uses adaptive questioning to quickly and accurately place you into the courses listed below.
- Gives you the opportunity after completing your initial placement of refreshing your knowledge in a learning module of your choice.
- You are allowed to retake the placement after spending time in a learning module.
- Increases your likelihood of long-term success in Mathematics and Statistics.
The Mathematics and Statistics Placement Test is used for the following courses:
- MTH 070: Elementary Algebra
- MTH 095: Intermediate Algebra
- MTH 105: Excursions in Mathematics
- MTH 111: Intro to College Math I
- MTH 112: Intro to College Math II
- MTH 211: Foundations of Elementary Math I
- MTH 251: Calculus I
- STAT 105: Elementary Data Analysis
- STAT 241: Application of Statistics for Business
- STAT 243: Intro to Probability and Statistics I
- CH 221: General Chemistry
- ECE 102: Engineering Computation
- ECE 103: Engineering Programming
- ECE 171: Digital Circuits
- PH 201: General Physics
To enroll in any of the above courses, you must either:
- Have successful completion (C- or above) of the prerequisite course or higher within the last year, or
- Place at the necessary level on the Mathematics and Statistics Placement Test within the last year.