Half and Full Day Workshops for Nonprofit Professionals
Welcome to Data Learning Center!
The Nonprofit Institute is excited to present the Data Learning Center, a brief-format workshop series. These workshops are the culmination of conversations with the nonprofit community about how to increase and refine organizational use of data and evaluation.
Starting in 2019, we will be offering free workshops to the nonprofit community to pilot-test the program.
Can’t make it? We are planning to offer more of the pilot workshops in the coming months. Please let us know which workshops you may be interested in attending by completing this Google form, and we will keep you informed as more pilot workshops are scheduled. These workshops include:
- Data 101: Conducting interviews and focus groups: This half-day workshop helps participants develop interview and focus group guides and implement culturally appropriate strategies to conduct interviews and focus groups. September 23, 1-4PM (Registration closed)
- Data 101: Finding, Using and Communicating Data Effectively: This full-day workshop lays the foundations for effective data uses. It provides overview of primary and secondary data sources, multiple ways of knowing, and basic concepts in data visualization and storytelling. (Registration closed)
- Data 101: Using Community Census Data: In this half-day workshop, participants will learn about answering organizational and program-level questions, using community data such as those in Nonprofit Pulse (a data portal developed specifically for local nonprofit organizations). Thursday, February 28. 1-4 PM
- Data 101: Developing Surveys: This half-day workshop helps participants develop surveys and questionnaires. Participants will also gain an understanding of when a survey is an appropriate instrument for data collection, sampling methods, and questionnaire formats and deployment strategies. Date TBD
- Data 101: Communicating Data for Multiple Audiences: This half-day workshop illustrates key concepts and best practices in data visualization and storytelling using quantitative and qualitative data, as well as culturally responsive, de-stigmatizing communications strategies. Date TBD
- Analyzing Quantitative Data Using Excel: This half-day workshop teaches skills for analyzing quantitative data using Excel and displaying statistical information in meaningful ways. (Registration closed)
- Analyzing Qualitative Data: This half-day workshop equips participants with skills to analyze qualitative data and display them in meaningful ways. (Registration closed)
- Program Evaluation 101: This full-day workshop provides an overview of key concepts in program evaluation, such as stakeholder engagement, program theories and logic models, and the process of assessing program impact and processes. Date TBD
- Conducting a Community Needs and Assets Assessment: In this full-day workshop, students will learn how to plan assessment, identify and map community assets, and collect primary and secondary data through authentic collaboration with communities. Date TBD