Note Taker Agreement
I understand that I must comply with the following requirements in order to receive note taking as an accommodation at Portland State University. Prior to completing this form, I must be eligible to use a note taker in DRC Online.
- Should I wish to use note taking as an accommodation, it is my responsibility to wait until after at least the first or second class meeting before logging in to DRC Online and confirming that I need notes for my class(es).
- My confirmation of the note taking request will be processed by the DRC and all possible efforts will be made to find a note taker in a timely manner. I understand that, despite these efforts, a note taker may not be found.
- Note takers provide a supplemental service and do not substitute for the notes I take for myself.
- I understand that note taking services are not a substitute for my attendance in the course. In addition to taking my own notes, I will also use any other in-class accommodations for which I am eligible.
- The DRC will notify me as soon as a note taker is assigned. The DRC will also contact me if a note taker cannot be found and inform me of my other accommodation options.
- I understand note taker training is available to all note takers and they must submit the Note Taker Agreement Form at the beginning of the accommodation period.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to notify the DRC immediately if the notes I receive are unclear, not received within 24 hours of the class meeting or inappropriate for my needs based on my disability. I will also contact the DRC if I no longer require note taking services.
- Even though it is the note taker’s responsibility to pre-arrange for a substitute when they will be out, I understand that brief lapses in the note taking service are possible throughout the term. I will continue to take notes for myself if I am able and utilize other accommodations for which I am eligible.
- I understand that notes will only be available electronically via DRC Online and my information will not be released to the note taker.
- I understand that if I do not log in and download my notes within two weeks, I will receive a written warning. If I do not log in and download my notes by the fourth week, I will receive an email notifying me that note taking services have been suspended. Note taking services will remain suspended until I meet with a DRC Professional to discuss the policy and procedures for receiving note taking services.
- I will receive the notes from my note taker from the date of receipt of this request form through the end of the term.
You will be asked to e-sign this agreement every term when you log in to DRC Online to enter your service requests. On occasion, you may be asked to provide a signed copy of this agreement. If requested, print this page and sign as directed below, then return the signed document to the person who requested the signed copy.