Below are links to additional information and resources that may be of interest to students of history
What can I do with a degree in History?
- PSU Careers — What Can I do With a Degree in History? Careers reported by History Majors, vocational biographies, professional associations, internet sites with job search and career-related information for history majors.
- The American Historical Association's Mini-Guide to Careers for History Majors.
What kinds of resources can I find at the PSU Library that can help me in my history coursework?
- PSU History & Historiography Research Guide, an overview of PSU's library resources available to History students with additional specific research guides for Eurpoean History, Medieval History, Pacific Northwest History, and United States History.
Organizations and Publications:
- Archaeological Institute of America (AIA - Portland Chapter) - all lectures are free and open to the public.
- Center for Columbia River History - an interdisciplinary and inter-institutional consortium for the study of Columbia River Basin history.
- Friends of History - an organization devoted to the promotion and dissemination of historical information in the Portland area.
- Oregon Encyclopedia Project - an online compendium of Oregon history and culture based in Portland State's History Department.
- Pacific Historical Review - this journal's editorial offices are located at PSU.
- Phi Alpha Theta - the History honor society at PSU admits both graduates and undergraduates.
- Pre-Law Society of PSU - invites Pre-law students of all majors to join.