In the event of a fire, or you see or smell smoke, follow these guidelines:
- Protect yourself, STOP, DROP, and ROLL wherever you are, to smother the flames.
- If there is smoke, crawl on the floor to get below the smoke.
- Feel doors before you open them, if they are hot to touch don’t open the door.
- If you are trapped, place cloth material around the door to prevent smoke from entering
- Activate the nearest fire alarm and alert building occupants that there is a fire.
- If you have been trained, and feel safe, use a fire extinguisher for small fires ONLY.
- Immediately exit the building using the stairs, DO NOT USE THE ELEVATORS.
- Once out of the building call 911 from your cell phone.
- If you are unable to call 911, Call CPSO at 5-4404 and give your name, location, and extent of the fire.
Pull Fire Alarm