BH206 Effective Training Design and Evaluation
Billions of dollars are spent yearly on organizational training programs nationwide, yet too often crucial steps that would ensure that effective training is developed, or deemed as necessary, are not taken. This course gives HR professionals a brief theoretical grounding and several practical tools necessary to develop an in-house training, or to lead internal subject matter experts through the process.
What You Cover
- Using the needs-assessment process to determine specific training problems
- Ensuring that training design addresses the specific problem
- Designing course material that looks at the "bigger picture" of learning for the "learners"
- Sequencing and organizing course material and lesson plans
- Using training techniques and methods that support Adult Learning Theory
- Implementing effective training and evaluation strategies
How You Benefit
- Discover a systematic approach to evaluate training needs versus performance needs
- Learn to design effective training programs that link to organizational goals and objectives
- Learn how to develop effective tools and approaches to evaluating training results
Discounts may apply, please refer to the registration page for details.
Instructor: Dan Vetter
Dan Vetter, MS, is an independent consultant specializing in instructional design, training delivery, and human performance improvement. He is actively involved in the local training community and served as president for the Cascadia Chapter of ASTD. He has been the instructional designer of over 70 training programs during the last decade. Prior to moving to Portland, Mr. Vetter invested 12 years working in training and development, and continuous improvement at a Fortune 500 company in Omaha, Nebraska. He has taught college courses for the University of Nebraska, Drake University, and Portland State University.
Management of Human Resources (BH101) is strongly recommended as the first course, especially for those entering the certificate program with less than two years experience in the field.
Interested in bringing this course onsite? Contact Carmen Schwisow.
Applies towards the following certificate:
Human Resource Management (please note: BH206 Effective Training Design and Evaluation is only offered once a year and may be taken in place of either BH311 Benefits Management or BH314 Talent Acquisition, Selection and Retention.)