Undergraduate Research & Mentoring Program
Paid Research Opportunities for Undergraduate Students
Women and underrepresented students are highly encouraged to apply.
Announcing Summer 2013 Undergraduate Research Opportunities funded by the Semiconductor Research Corporation Education Alliance (SRC URO).
For Undergraduate Students Majoring in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Chemistry. Selected students will work with faculty mentors on research topics in areas of interest to the semiconductor-related industry. See information on eligible majors and some recommended research topic areas here.
Apply today for paid undergraduate research opportunities beginning Summer Quarter, 2013!
Application deadline: May 10, 2013.
This summer program consists of eight weeks of full-time (40 hours per week) research, a week-long training course at the beginning of the program, and practical seminars throughout the summer. There are regular group meetings for participants to connect with one another and share their research, as well as some field trips.
- Undergraduate PSU student in good academic standing
- Major in an area supported by the SRC URO
- US citizen or permanent resident (eligible to work in the United States)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Strong academic record
- Interest in undergraduate research
- Students must be able to commit for the full eight-week program (June 17 - August 9, 2013), working 40 hours per week.
To apply by May 10, 2013:
Prepare the following application documents to upload on the application form:
- Cover letter describing your interest in undergraduate research
- Brief resume or CV
- Unofficial PSU transcripts
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member interested in supporting your research work
Questions? Please contact Marcia Fischer, (503) 725-4289, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Participants and Research Topics:
*Note that other funding is available for projects not listed on the SRC Disciplines and Technical Areas list.