Undergraduate Research & Mentoring Program
Among the college's signature offerings, the Undergraduate Research and Mentoring Program (URMP) funds paid undergraduate research opportunities for students majoring in all Maseeh College undergraduate disciplines: Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. Additional opportunities may be available to students majoring in Chemistry and Physics.
This program is supported in part by a grant from the Semiconductor Research Corporation Education Alliance.
- Undergraduate PSU student in good academic standing
- US citizen or permanent resident (eligible to work in the United States)
- Strong academic record
- Interest in undergraduate research
**Women and underrepresented students are highly encouraged to apply**
Students are required to:
- Present their research at an end of the year poster symposium
- Participate in one K-12 outreach presentation
- Work a set number of hours per term agreed upon in consultation with their faculty mentor - funding is available for up to ten hours per week each term throughout the academic year
- Commit to to the program through the end of Spring term
Questions, please contact Rachel Stansbury at 503-725-2820 or email@example.com.
Past Participants and Research Topics: