Office of Information Technology
Google Voice at PSU is available to university employees for calls, text messages, and voicemail. It is a core service covered by Portland State's Google Workspace for Education agreement with Google.
You can use a Google Voice number to dial domestically or internationally using a web browser, mobile device, or traditional desk phone. With Google Voice, you can:
- Easily call people in your contacts and at Portland State.
- Text using your new number from any device.
- Save time by reading your voicemail in your email inbox.
- Receive protection from spam calls, block unwanted callers, and screen calls before answering.
When you start using Google Voice, you have the option to choose either a desk phone or wired headset. You also have the option to keep your existing PSU phone number, which will take 2 to 4 weeks to transfer.
This service is available to the following groups:
Request this service
Your first step to start using Google Voice depends on whether you have an existing PSU phone number (traditional phone service).
- If you already have an existing PSU phone number, complete the Google Voice opt-in form.
- If you do not already have traditional PSU phone service, contact your Telecom Coordinator to request Google Voice.