Julia Freybote, Ph.D.
Dr. Freybote's research focuses on investor behavior, information environment and asset pricing in the REIT and commercial real estate market. Her work has been published in Real Estate Economics, the Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics and the Journal of Real Estate Research. In 2019, she received the William N. Kinnard Scholar Award from the American Real Estate Society (ARES), which recognizes outstanding real estate scholars early in their academic career.
Gerard Mildner, Ph.D.
Dr. Mildner's research is focused on the economics of local government, including growth management, rent control, municipal sports stadiums, housing markets, land use regulation, and urban transportation. He recently co-edited a book on Sports and Public Policy.
PSU's Center for Real Estate Quarterly publication is a snapshot of the commercial real estate and housing markets in the region. Each issue has several feature articles about real estate and development in the Portland area as well as an analysis of the trends in the commercial and residential markets. We appreciate the generous support of the Quarterly by the Oregon Association of Realtors (OAR) and the Regional Multiple Listing Service (RMLS).
- 01 Real Estate Regulation Following the Election by Gerard C.S. Mildner (forthcoming)
- 02 Economic Conditions in the Third Quarter by Jerald Johnson
Housing Insights Team
- 03 Rent Relief Programs by Karisa Caracol
- 04 Tenant Eviction and Relocation by Rick Brody (forthcoming)
- 05 Tenant Screening Regulations by Jeff Horwitz
Housing Market Team
- 06 Multi-family Residential Report by by Andrew Tucker
- 07 Single Family Report by Victoria Kirkland
- 08 Housing Production Report by Stacie Sanders
Commercial Market Team
- 09 Office Market Analysis by Mark Greathouse
- 10 Industrial Market Analysis by Chris Reeves
- 11 Retail Market Analysis by Chris Reeves
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly Report, Summer 2020 (full 80-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly Report, Spring 2020 (full 137-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly Report, Winter 2020 (full 61-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly Report, Fall 2019 (full 37-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly Report, Summer 2019 (full 25-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly Report, Spring 2019 (full 25-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly Report, Winter 2019 (full 32-page report)
Please email email@example.com for archived issues.
Each Winter and Summer, students in the PSU Real Estate Development Workshop produce a development plan for a property site in the Portland or Seattle area. Students form a real estate development team and produce an original development plan, including the development concept, the market analysis, the conceptual design, economic analysis, capital, and operations budget, and management plan.
The students' plan demonstrates and applies mastery of the development concepts and tools learned through their Master of Real Estate Development (MRED) coursework. The Center greatly appreciates the support of the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), the Building and Owners Management Association (BOMA), and numerous private sponsors and real estate industry mentors over the years.