Helen Gordon Child Development Center
2020 Professional Development Days Initiative
Teaching as a Political Act & Inquiry Based Learning
Helen Gordon Center educators, Inventing Remida Portland, and our inspired colleague John Nimmo invite you to participate in the 2020 HGCDC Professional Development Initiative.
Event Schedule: Saturday, April 4th 8:00am-4:00pm
- A keynote with John Nimmo, co-author of Leading Anti-Bias Early Childhood Programs: A Guide
- for Change (2015), Loris Malaguzzi and the Teachers (2015), and Emergent Curriculum (1994)
- and the co-producer of the international film The Voices of Children
- School tours and classroom visitations
- Visual narratives and hands-on sessions
- Delicious lunch provided on site by Helen Gordon Center chefs
- Facilitated Interest group dialogue sessions
- Reflection and Impressions of the Day
Explore Helen Gordon Center’s unique and inspiring classroom environments and community spaces and dialogue with educators about their environments and curriculum. To end of the event, come together in small groups to share impressions of your experiences and consider implications for future work.
We hope these intentional engagements will open new pathways to consider within your own schools.
Note: In addition to lunch, snacks, coffee and water will be provided throughout the experience.
Registration info: $150 per person. Group rate is available for organizations with three or more staff members attending the event. The group rate price is $135 per person. A limited number of scholarships are available by application.
Location: Helen Gordon Child Development Center at Portland State University. 1609 SW 12th Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97201
For questions or further information contact Joanna Goll at 503-725-3092 or email@example.com
* Please download the registration and scholarship forms prior to filling out and submitting. Text entered in a browser will not save.