Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
Chair: Susan Ginley
|Name||Division (Department)||Start of Service|
|Anderson, Ingrid||COE (C&I)||2019|
|Arnold, Nike||CLAS-AL (LIN)||2020|
|Beck, Errin||OI (IELP)||2018|
|Chaillé, Peter||CUPA (PAD)||2018|
|Gerwing, Jeff||CLAS-Sci (ESM)||2019|
|Ginley, Susan||CLAS-SS (SPHR)||2017|
|Hanson, Courtney||AO (GS)||2018|
|Jackson, Shirley||CLAS-SS (BST)||2018|
|Martin, Staci||SSW (CYFS)||2020|
|Mueller, Monica||CLAS-AL (PHL)||2020|
|Rice, Andrew||CLAS-Sci (PHY)||2019|
|Shi, Wanying (Eva)||SB||2019|
|Tolmach, Andrew||MCECS (CMP)||2018|
|Willette, Anwyn||COTA (MUS)||2018|
|Morris, Andreen||Curriculum Coord., OAA|
|status as of 11/17/20|
1. Make recommendations, in light of existing policies and traditions, to the Senate concerning the approval of all new courses and undergraduate programs referred to it by divisional curriculum or other committees.
2. Coordinate with the Graduate Council to bring forward recommendations to the Senate regarding new proposals for and changes to 400/500-level courses so that decisions regarding both undergraduate and graduate credits can be made at the same Senate meeting.
3. Make recommendations to the Senate concerning substantive changes to existing programs and courses referred to it by other committees.
4. Review, at its own initiative or at the request of appropriate individuals or faculty committees, existing undergraduate programs and courses with regard to quality and emphasis. Suggest needed undergraduate program and course changes to the various divisions and departments.
5. Develop and recommend policies concerning curriculum at the University.
6. Act, in all matters pertaining to policy, in liaison with the chairpersons of appropriate committees.
7. Suggest and refer to the Senate, after consideration by the Academic Requirements Committee, modifications in the undergraduate degree requirements.
8..Advise the Senate concerning credit values of undergraduate courses.
9. Report on its activities at least once each year to the Senate, including a list of programs and courses reviewed and approved.
UCC is scheduled to report to Faculty Senate in June 2021.