Apply to Graduate
All undergraduate, masters and graduate certificate students graduating fall term 2019 through fall term 2020, are eligible to participate.
All doctoral students graduating summer term 2019, through spring term 2020, who have been certified by the Office of Graduate Studies are eligible to participate. Contact the Office of Graduate Studies for more information.
Commencement registration for the 2020 Virtual Commencement is closed. A future in-person event will be hosted once it is safe to gather. We will be emailing all eligible students when details become available. To make sure you don't miss our future communications, double-check that your non-PSU email is up to date on your banweb account.
How to Apply to Graduate AND Participate in the Commencement Ceremony
- Complete the online degree application in Banweb by May 15 and apply for your degree.
- Select that you would like to participate in the Commencement Ceremony and provide consent that your name be printed in the Commencement program. By consenting to your name being in the printed program, you are also consenting to having your name displayed on a slide in the virtual ceremony. The deadline to have your name included in the printed program has passed.
- Check your @pdx.edu email regularly. All communications related to Commencement will be sent to your @pdx.edu email address. Once you’ve applied to graduate the Commencement Office will send regular updates and reminders to you via email.
If you have questions about the degree application process, contact the Degree Requirements.
*May 15 is the deadline for commencement registration purposes ONLY - review Degree Requirements for specific graduation application deadlines by term. This deadline is not applicable to Doctoral students as they must be certified by the Office of Graduate Studies to participate in Spring Commencement.
Deadlines and Important Dates
May 15, 2020:
- Final deadline to apply to graduate, participate in the 2020 Virtual Commencement. We can still include you in the virtual events with a standard slide as long as your application is in before May 15.
- Submit Your Custom Content. Students will be invited to submit text and an image for their virtual commencement slide, as well as pronunciation. All content must be in by this date to guarantee their inclusion.
- Order Your Cap, Tassle, and Gown: (Optional) Online ordering is closed, phone orders are available.
- Confirm Your Email Address is Up-to-Date in Banweb. We will use the current address for students in Banweb to mail ceremony items. Ensure you have an accurate address in Banweb.
June 7, 2020 @ 5pm: Enter the Grad Cap contest via social media using the hashtag #2020PDXGrad.
June 14, 2020: Commencement Ceremony