How To Apply
Applications to the PSU Biology Graduate Program must be made through the PSU Office of Graduate Studies. The application deadline for the 2021-2022 cohort is February 1, 2021. Applications are reviewed only for admission for Fall term. Applications received after the February 1 deadline, or for alternative term admission will NOT be reviewed, except in extenuating circumstance and by special request from the faculty member the student intends to work with.
There is no application fee.
All application documents must be uploaded to your online application by February 1, 2021 in order for your application to be considered for admission. Please do not send any application material directly to the Biology Department office, it will not be accepted. Applicants will be notified of their admission results no later than April 1, 2021. Before applying please review the information provided in the Graduate Studies section of this website as well as the Portland State University Graduate Admissions requirements.
Before you apply please make sure you have:
- reviewed the information about the PSU Biology Graduate Studies program
- reviewed Information on applying for graduate study in Biology
- contacted & interviewed with at least one but preferably three potential tenure-track academic advisers
- taken the TOEFL exam if required (International Students)
- (2) letters of recommendation
- the PSU graduate admissions minimum requirements
- copies of ALL official transcripts from every educational instituation you've attended
- completed a "Statement of Purpose"
You will be notified of your admission results no later than April 1, 2021