The Center for Global Leadership in Sustainability, in Portland State University's School of Business Administration, is pleased to announce its first summer short course:
Oregon Business and Sustainability: Immersion of Inquiry
August 16-25, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Download the flyer (PDF)
This unique elective offering engages graduate students in a co-learning field experience by directly interacting with the region’s businesses, peers and instructors in the strategies and practices of sustainability-inspired business. The course is offered for an intensive week and half.
- Earn 4 graduate-level credits in 10 days.
- Open to students from different academic disciplines
- Experience Portland sustainable business practices first-hand, through visits to Organically Grown Company, Burgerville, Truitt Brothers, Nike, SERA Architects, Gerding Edlen, Iberdrola, and Portland Roasting Company, and more.
- Develop your ability to analyze through systems-based approaches.
- Enhance your sense of inquiry into the challenges and solutions of sustainability-inspired business!
The schedule includes:
- “Persistent Inquiry and its Role in Sustainability-Inspired Business” (first day workshop),
- Visits to and conversations with 10-12 leading sustainability-inspired regional businesses,
- Exploring Innovation in Nature (Saturday, August 21st)
- Collaborative Inquiry Colloquium (final half day workshop).
Interested in participating in this unique course? Contact Jenna Burleson-Davis at email@example.com or (503) 707-2060 for registration information. Registration will be capped at 25.