What Can I do With a Degree in Advertising Management?
Advising & Career Services Library Resources
The Advising & Career Services Library has a variety of resources to help students explore potential career fields. These resources include information about typical responsibilities, qualifications, career paths, job outlook, salary, and related careers.
- Real People Working in Communications
- 100 Jobs in Words
- Careers for Writers and Others Who Have a Way with Words
- Careers in Advertising
- Careers in Business
Vocational Biographies describes the career success stories of 1001 real people. Search by career title, keyword, topic, and career cluster. Username: Portland su and pass code: 3w9n
- Advertising Agency Owner
- Jungle Writer
- Advertising Agency Account Coordinator
- Advertising Photographer
- Internet Advertising Consultant
- Newspaper Advertising Sales Representative
- Radio Advertising Account Manager
- American Advertising Federation (AAA) — Portland Advertising Federation (PAF)
- Association for Women in Communications (AWC) — AWC Seattle Chapter.
- American Association of Advertising Agencies (AAAA) — Includes membership database.
- Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations Managers — Occupational Outlook Handbook.
- What Can I do with a Major in Advertising & PR — Lists and describes job titles related to advertising and public relations majors. From the Career Exploration Center at the University of Texas, Austin, Texas.
- Advertising Management: What Can I Do With This Major? — Outlines common career areas, identifies typical employers, and suggests general strategies to enhance employability. From Career Services at the University of Tennessee.
- Portland Advertising Federation.
- Advertising and Media Job Openings — From "NationJob Network, an on-line job search service with thousands of current job listings and company profiles."
Places of Employment
Advertising Management majors may find employment in a variety of areas depending on their skills and experience. Career-related internships or career-related part-time jobs may be a prerequisite to finding professional-level employment after graduation.
The following list of employers and job titles was derived from the Advising & Career Services' jobs database where the employer specifically requested advertising management majors. This list does not reflect all potential places of employment or kinds of jobs for advertising management majors. This list does not reflect current openings.
- Acxiom/Digital Impact — Account Manager
- American Red Cross — Territory Representative
- Anvil Media, Inc. — Account Coordinator
- BookPartners, Inc. — Market Researcher
- Business Journal of Portland — Account Executive
- Can and Bottle Systems, Inc. — Marketing Assistant
- CBS Radio — Account Executive
- Clear Channel Communications — Promotions Director
- Cmedia-Respond2 Communications — Media Account Coordinator
- Comcast Corporation — Retail Sales Account Manager
- Custom Decorators, Inc. — Corporate Recruiter
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP — Community Involvement/Practice Group Support Marketing Assistant, Advertising & Client Relations Marketing Assistant
- Earth2O — Field Marketing Manager
- Entercom Radio Portland — Marketing Services Manager, Promotions Coordinator, Media Account Executive
- EPIC Aviation — Marketing Business Analyst
- Farmer Insurance Group — Marketing and Customer Service Associate
- GlaxoSmithKline — Marketing Consultant
- Graphic Products, Inc. — Marketing Assistant
- J & L Marketing, Inc. — Promotion Coordinator
- LaCie Limited — PR Specialist
- Lucky Distributing — Advertising Coordinator
- Moore Information, Inc. — Communications Coordinator
- Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) — Regional Public Affairs Coordinators
- N2 Publishing — Area Director
- Nautilus Group — Marketing Communications/Public Relations
- Northwest Interpreters, Inc. — Project Manager - Translation Services
- Numerof & Associates, Inc. — Consultant
- O'Neill Electric, Inc. — Executive Assistant/Office Manager
- Oregon Secretary of State Audits Division — State Auditor 1
- Pacific NW Federal Credit Union — Marketing Specialist
- Peter Jacobsen Sports — Sponsor Services PGA Tour Event, Tournament Administration PGA Tour Event
- Portland Art Museum — Public Relations/Marketing Assistant
- Portland Business Alliance — Membership Coordinator
- Portland's CW, The — Account Executive
- Rains Marketing — Account Manager
- RFM Preferred Seating — Marketing Coordinator
- Target Stores — DC Operations Team Leader
- TriMet — Senior Promotions Representative
- Two- Brothers Moving & Delivery — Marketing Project Guru
- SAIF Corporation — Communications Analyst
- Snow College — Director of Admissions Marketing
- Statesman Journal — Account Executive
- Suran Group, The — Professional Services Firm Assistant
- VocationVacations — Public Relations & Marketing
- Waddell & Reed — Financial Advisor Trainee
- WebMD — Marketing Communications Specialist
- WebTrends — Product Marketing Manager
- Wells Fargo Financial, Inc. — Marketing Analyst
- Zones, Inc. — Account Executive
- Adweek Online
- Advertising Media Internet Center (AMIC) — "Practical Information for Advertising Professionals."
School of Business Administration: Advertising Management - Portland State University