Job Search Resources
Portland State University provides many resources to help students and alumni with the job search process.
- PSU CareerConnect is a web-based system for accessing:
- Full-time career-related positions for upcoming graduates and alumni.
- On-campus interviews with employers who are recruiting seniors and recent graduates.
- Part-time, off campus jobs for students.
- On-campus work-study and regular-wage jobs for students.
- Federal work study community service jobs (including America Reads and America Counts) for students.
- Paid and unpaid internships for students.
- Workshops, offered by Advising & Career Services, help to develop and implement effective job search strategies. Some workshop topics include:
- Writing Resumes and Cover Letters
- Introduction to Interviewing
- Effective Interviewing
- Career Advice Videos, offered by CareerSpots, is a library of career advice videos to help students navigate everything from resume writing to job interview etiquette.