Career and Job Search Resources for International Students and Alumni
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please contact the staff of International Student Services regarding questions about visa status and eligibility for employment.
- Resume Tips for International Students — From Purdue Online Writing Lab.
- Differences Between Job Interviews in the U.S. and in Other Countries — From The University of Texas at Austin.
Lists of Employers
- List of Employers Hiring Foreign Nationals — From the University of Pennsylvania Career Center. Includes name of organization and position title.
- Companies That Hire International Students — List provided by the Kelley School of Business, Undergraduate Career Services, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana.
- In order to hire foreign workers, US employers must seek labor certification from the Department of Labor. Once approved, employers can petition the US Citizenship & Immigration Services for a visa. The information from the Office of Foreign Labor Certification (OFLC) is available to the public and can be used to identify U.S. employers who indicated a willingness to hire foreign workers. The Access database includes organization name, city, state, job title, salary, etc. Information is organized by fiscal year and program (permanent, H-1B , H-1B1, E-3, H-2A, and H-2B visas).
- List of employers in the Portland Metro area who applied for H-1B visas for current or prospective employees in 2012.xlsx. These employers may be open to hiring international students.