Welcome to the VikeBikes program!
Our goal is simple -- we want to make commuting by bike to PSU as easy and affordable as possible. With the help of some visionary PSU students, we've created the VikeBikes program, which helps break down one of the most costly barriers to cycling: buying a bike. By refurbishing bikes that have been abandoned on campus, we've created a commute-ready fleet of VikeBikes that can be rented for up to 3 academic terms (Fall, Winter, Spring & Summer). Our VikeBike fleet has grown to over 120 bicycles that have been refurbished and ready to rent. The cost to check out a VikeBike is just $45 per term, and if you want, we can even charge that fee to your PSU student account.
The VikeBikes program is about MUCH MORE than just the bike! As a member of the VikeBike program, you will receive the following:
- Fully refurbished commuter bicycle with full-length fenders and a rack or basket
- Set of front & rear lights, already mounted to your VikeBike
- Quality bike helmet that is adjustable to fit all sizes
- U-lock with mounting bracket attached to the bike frame
- Quarterly membership to the PSU Bike Hub (more info here)
- Quarterly bike parking permit for use of one of the secure PSU Bike Garages and Bike Rooms (more info here)
How to Sign-Up for a VikeBike:
Joining the VikeBikes program is easy! Just take our VikeBike Online Orientation. NOTE: There is a limited supply of bikes for this program, so don't delay. VikeBikes will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis. Once all the bikes have been rented, we will place your name on a wait list and get back to you as soon as one becomes available.
Interested in supporting VikeBikes?
We would be happy to take donated bicycles of any style and size! If you have an old bike that's collecting dust, bring it in to us and we'll make sure it gets put to good use.