How to Apply?
How to apply?
Eligibility and Requirements
Interested in REU? Here's how to apply for the Summer 2021 REU Program
In order to apply to Portland State University's Microscopy and Microanalysis REU, you will need to complete the online application. The application form includes general questions such as your address and college major and more specific questions about your reasons for wanting to attend this REU and why you think you would be a good fit for this program. You will also need to supply a cover letter, a CV or resume, unofficial college transcripts and two letters of recommendation.
Please send all supplemental materials to email@example.com. Applicants should request all letters of recommendation to be sent to this address with the applicant's name as the subject. Supplemental materials may be attached as a PDF file.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- Application Deadline: TBA
- Program Dates: TBA
- Duration: TBA
- Online application
- Two letters of recommendation
- Unofficial transcripts
- Resume/CV and a cover letter stating the reasons for participating this program
Eligibility for Summer Program
- You must be a U.S. citizen or possess a Green Card.
- You must be a current undergraduate student attending classes at either a college/university or a community college.
- Graduating seniors are eligible only if they have been accepted to graduate school and are committed to attending in the fall.
- This research opportunity cannot be combined with any other offers or positions.
- You must be covered by a health insurance policy throughout the length of the program.
- You must be available to work in your assigned lab for the full eight-week session for 40 hours/week and attend weekly seminars on Monday evenings.
- Acceptance Notification: Applicants who have been accepted will be notified by email. A list of participating students and their research reports/presentations will be posted to this program’s website (https://www.pdx.edu/research-experience/) and REU social media platforms once the summer program concludes.