About Dr. Asaadi
Professor Robert Asaadi is an Instructor in the Departments of Political Science and International Studies at Portland State University. He holds a Ph.D. from the Department of Political Science, University of Minnesota, and works in the subfields of International Relations and Comparative Politics.
Ph.D., University of Minnesota
M.A., University of Minnesota
B.S., University of Iowa
Professor Asaadi's research and teaching interests include: international relations theory; international security; Middle East and Iranian politics; and U.S. Foreign Policy. His book project on post-revolutionary Iranian politics is under contract with Lexington Books with an expected publication date of October 2020. He has presented his research at the University of Iowa, Willamette University, the Frankfurt Research Center for Postcolonial Studies (FRCPS) at Goethe University, the University of Minnesota, World Oregon, the International Studies Association (ISA), the Midwest Political Science Association (MPSA), and the Association for the Study of the Middle East and Africa (ASMEA).
Professor Asaadi was awarded the Outstanding Teacher Award for the Department of Political Science by the Office of the Dean in the College of Urban and Public Affairs for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- International Relations
- Comparative Politics
- Middle East Studies
- Iranian Studies
- PS 204 - Introduction to Comparative Politics
- PS 355U - Introduction to African Politics
- PS 361U - Introduction to Middle East Politics
- PS 410 - Iran in the Middle East
- PS 410 - U.S.-Iran Relations
- PS 462 - International Relations of the Middle East
- PS 470 - Theories of Comparative Politics
- INTL 247/UNST 233 - Introduction to Middle East Studies
- INTL 332U - Islamic Movements in the Contemporary Muslim World
- INTL 372 - Postcolonial African Studies
- INTL 390 - Foundations of Global Studies
- PS/INTL 452 - European Union