Give to Biology
If you would like to support the important activities of the Department of Biology, please donate to the PSU Foundation specifying the name of the account you wish to support. Alumni and friend donations have made a tremendous impact on our ability to serve the students, and we are very grateful for your generosity. Thanks!
- Biology Scholarship Fund -This fund is used to support financially strapped Biology students to pursue a degree.
- Biology Unrestricted Account - This fund is used to support outreach activities with the community.
- David Clark Endowment Fund - This fund is designed to provide monetary support for undergraduate students to travel for biological research and/or conferences.
- Lester Newman Seminar Support Account - This fund supports the department's seminar series, which brings in scientists from around the country to speak to our faculty and students about their research.
- Forbes Lea Endowed Fund for Student Research - This fund is designed to support student research and honor two faculty who gave their academic careers so completely to students. This endowed fund provides seminal funds to students exploring basic and applied questions in biology.
- Graduate Teaching Award for Biology - The Graduate Teaching Award, which is awarded to three students each year, recognizes outstanding teaching by Graduate Teaching Assistants in Biology.
- Herbarium Fund - This fund supports departmental efforts to curate and manage our floral natural history heritage. The collection is used in teaching, research and outreach.
- Hillman-Crawshaw Award in Vertebrate Physiology - The purpose of this award is to recognize the highest level of academic achievement by an undergraduate Biology major or Biology graduate student who's field of interest is in the area of Vertebrate Physiology.
- NOSW Marine Mammal Stranding Program *New - This fund supports for the beach response for the Northern Oregon/Southwest Washington Marine Mammal Stranding Program. The Marine Mammal Stranding Network responds to over 180 marine mammal stranding each year in our region!
- Museum of Natural History *New - This fund supports the departmental efforts to curate and catalog our natural history heritage of all living organisms. Our collections include insects and other invertebrates, vertebrates, plants, and microbes. The collections are used in teaching, research and outreach.
- Vertebrate Museum Fund - This fund supports the departmental efforts to curate and catalog our animal natural history heritage. Our major holdings are in the vertebrates. This collection is used in research, teaching and community outreach activities.