Leadership is about intentionally operating from key principles, individually and organizationally. Participants in this course will work on the individual and organizational aspects of leadership that include:
- Mission – What is my purpose and what is the organization’s purpose?
- Vision – What do I believe my role as a leader to be? What is the vision of the organization? If we do what we want, what will the organization look like?
- Values – Personally and organizationally, what are the values that drive our behavior?
- Boundaries – Based on our values, what boundaries do we have? What is non-negotiable for us? What can people count on us for?
- Goals and Plans – Based on the above, what are some goals that we can set individually and organizational to move us toward our vision?
Course will involve some lecture, lots of challenging, thought-provoking discussion and work in teams on a business simulation.
Discounts may apply, please refer to the registration page for details.
Instructor: Paul Spindel
Paul Spindel is principal at Paul Spindel LLC, focusing on management and supervisory development. He holds an MA in organizational communications and is a certified facilitator of the Myers Briggs assessment and the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Instrument. Mr. Spindel has over 18 years of human resources experience with Marriott and Nike. With Tonia Twigger, he teaches "Creating the Life You Want" workshops helping folks figure out what to do with their lives. He conducts workshops aimed at creating an environmentally sustainable, socially just, and spiritually fulfilling human presence on this planet. His mission is to "touch hearts, challenge minds, and incite laughter."
Interested in bringing this program onsite to your organization? Please contact Melissa Endicott.