DataMASTER (Management & Analytics for Strategic Timely Education Reporting) is a data warehouse solution used for reporting, strategic decision making, and historical data preservation. DataMASTER is updated nightly with Banner student, finance, and payroll information, as well as information from other enterprise systems.
- datamaster.pdx.edu: DataMASTER solution; use your Odin credentials to access.
- Data Cookbook: Defines data elements and terms referenced on DataMASTER reports.
- Data Sources: A site with details on the sources of data for DataMASTER.
All PSU employees may login to DataMASTER via Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome. There are three access levels in DataMASTER: Campus, General, and Student. All employees have Campus access. Only those with General or Student access are able to view reports containing personally identifiable employee or student data.
To request General or Student access:
- Go to banweb.pdx.edu.
- Log in using your Odin credentials.
- Select System Access Menu.
- Select System Access Request Form.
- In the "Who is your immediate supervisor?" section of the form, if your supervisor is not already selected, use the search function to find your supervisor.
- Answer No to "Is this change in access required because of a recent position change?"
- Choose the DataMASTER tab located under the "Tell us about the access you need…" section of the form.
- If you are requesting Student access, read and then check the "I have read and understood the Protecting Student Records Privacy" statement.
- Check the General DataMASTER Access or Student DataMASTER Access checkbox.
- Enter a reason for the request in the "Why do you need this access?" section of the form.
- Select an approver from the drop down menu in the "Who should approve this request?" section of the form.
- Click Submit.
- An email requesting approval will route to the approver you selected.
To view upcoming DataMASTER training sessions offered by OIT, visit the OIT Training page.
Contact OIT-BISupport-Group@pdx.edu with your support requests.
Contact the Helpdesk for additional assistance.