Application for Awarding Graduate Certificate
Instructions for Completing the Application for Awarding of Graduate Certificate
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING THE APPLICATION
- The application form is a PDF document. We urge you to fill out the form on a computer - this will ensure legibility, which can reduce errors and helps us process your file more quickly and accurately. When you fill out the top half of the form online, the bottom half will be completed automatically.
- If you choose to print the application and fill it out by hand, please complete both halves with the exact same wording using a blue or black pen. Again, it is more convenient and efficient to fill out the form online.
- After completing the form, print out one copy. This copy will be turned in to the Office of Graduate Studies. You must sign and date both halves. Your application will not be accepted without signatures on both halves.
- After signing and dating both halves, we suggest you make a copy for your records. The Office of Graduate Studies will not make copies for you when you submit it to our office.
- Submit the completed application (both halves; do not cut the form in half) to the Office of Graduate Studies, XSB 184. We are open Monday-Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM. If you need to mail the application to us, please send it to:
Office of Graduate Studies (OGS)
Portland State University
PO Box 751
Portland, OR 97207-0751
- IMPORTANT: Faxed and emailed applications will NOT be accepted.
- The Application for Awarding of Graduate Certificate is due the first Friday of the term you plan to graduate. Please see the Graduate Candidates' Deadlines for specific due dates.
If you have any questions about filling out or submitting the Application for Awarding of Graduate Certificate, please contact our office at 503-725-8410 or email@example.com, or visit us at XSB 184.
Additional Documents Required For Graduation
Please be aware that your department must submit a Graduate Certificate Program Completion form directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by the date listed on the Graduate Candidates' Deadlines in order for your file to be processed for graduation. Students cannot handle this form!