Do you know someone who needs help?
As a member of the Portland State University community you are in a unique position to identify signs of distress and connect students to supportive services. Our goal is for you to be safe and successful. This plan was developed to help if you or someone you know is having a difficult time.
DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Behaved in an aggressive or out of control way?
- Become isolated or started spending a lot of time alone?
- Started drinking more or using drugs to deal with their feelings?
- Talked about killing themselves or hurting someone else?
DO YOU FEEL:
- Uncomfortable or uneasy?
- Afraid for the person?
- Scared to approach the person?
- Worried things may get worse?
WHAT TO DO:
- If you need an immediate 24/7 response call 503-725-4404 (Campus Public Safety Office)
- Walk-In to the Dean of Student Life Office during business hours consult/report your concerns: Smith Memorial Student Union, Room 433
- Call the Dean of Student Life Office during business hours to consult/report your concerns at 503-725-5341
If the concern does not require immediate attention. We will follow up with you on the same or next business day. Please note that if you are submitting a CARE report outside of the business hours of Monday-Friday 8am-5pm or during a university observed holiday, it will be reviewed the following business day.
No one expects you to have all the answers - only to help connect to the people who do.