Do you know someone who needs help?
As a member of the Portland State University community you are in a unique position to identify signs of distress and connect students to supportive services. Our goal is for you to be safe and successful. This plan was developed to help if you or someone you know is having a difficult time.
DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Behaved in an aggressive or out of control way?
- Become isolated or started spending a lot of time alone?
- Started drinking more or using drugs to deal with their feelings?
- Talked about killing themselves or hurting someone else?
DO YOU FEEL:
- Uncomfortable or uneasy?
- Afraid for the person?
- Scared to approach the person?
- Worried things may get worse?
WHAT TO DO:
- If you need an immediate 24/7 response call 503-725-4404 (Campus Public Safety)
- If the threat does not require immediate attention report your concerns here
No one expects you to have all the answers - only to help connect to the people who do.