Diversity and Multicultural Student Services (D.M.S.S) mission is to provide an accessible, inclusive environment that enriches the university experience and engages students, their families, and the community. We serve and empower student populations whose access, retention, academic success, and graduation are most challenged by socio-historical factors and contemporary inequities. Student Access and Success expanded our role to include Student Legal Services and Student Veterans Services.
Diversity & Multicultural Student Services Annual Report [2014 - 2015].pdf
Diversity & Multicultural Student Services Annual Report [2013 -2014]
Diversity & Multicultural Student Services Organizational Chart [2015-2016]
We will accomplish this mission by providing structured support services to student populations whose access, retention, academic success, and graduation are most challenged by social and historical factors and contemporary inequities. We will provide a student-centered inclusive environment that enriches the university experience and engages both families and the community. D.M.S.S is a unit within Enrollment Management and Student Affairs. There are five departments within the D.M.S.S unit: Pre-College (TRiO), Student Support Services (TRiO), Retention Programs, the Disability Resource Center and the Cultural Resource Centers. Included in the Student Access and Success area, are Student Legal Services and Student Veterans Services. We also have one facility, the Native American Student and Community Center. You can find information on each department on the menu to the left of the page.
Our goals are:
- Develop more pathways to student success.
- Enhance civic engagement through partnerships.
- Improve or build new community relationships.
- Maintain a student centered and inclusive environment.
- Continue to support students in an increasingly global environment.
- Improve Communication.
DMSS Leadership Team
- Dr. CeCe Ridder (firstname.lastname@example.org), Assistant Vice President for Student Access and Success
- Perla Pinedo (email@example.com), Director of Retention Programs
- Cynthia Gómez (firstname.lastname@example.org), Executive Director of Cultural Resource Centers
- Linda Liu (email@example.com), Program Director, TRiO Student Support Services
- Phillip Dirks (firstname.lastname@example.org), Program Director, TRiO Upward Bound & Educational Talent Search
- Jen Dugger (email@example.com), Director of the Disability Resource Center
- Richard Slotee, Director of Student Legal Services
- Ray Facundo, Coordinator of Student Veterans Services
Are you connected with D.M.S.S on Facebook? Stay up to date with events, announcements, and important dates. Like us on Facebook.
For any announcements, or event promotions that you would like to share with D.M.S.S please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org