Creating a Culture of Respect: Preventing Prohibited Discrimination and Unlawful Harassment
All PSU faculty, staff, and student employees must complete the "Creating a Culture of Respect: Preventing Prohibited Discrimination and Unlawful Harassment" learning module. This training offers strategies for preventing unlawful discrimination, harassment, and retaliation within the University. It teaches our community how to respond appropriately when they become aware of potential discrimination or harassment, educates us about the risk of liability to Portland State University, its managers, and individual employees, and, in keeping with PSU’s core values; promotes a climate of mutual respect.
To access the learning module please follow the steps below:
- Go to https://d2l.pdx.edu/ and login to Desire2Learn.
- On the left hand side of the screen, click on the green box labeled “PSU Faculty, Staff & Students” and follow the prompts.
- Enter your Odin Username and Password.
- On the “D2L Home” page please select: “Creating a Culture of Respect: Preventing Prohibited Discrimination and Unlawful Harassment” from the “Ongoing” section of “My Courses.” (*If you do not see the course make sure the "Ongoing" section is fully expanded. If minimized, hover your mouse over the expand button in the far right to show the course.)
- Select “ENTER” to begin the course.
- If you need to exit before finishing, the course will “bookmark” and allow you to resume from where you exited.
- Please print your certificate of completion and submit it to your supervisor.
If you need technical assistance please contact OIT Help Desk at 503-725-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need an accommodation pursuant to the ADA, to complete the course, please contact Karen Kraus, Human Resources Leaves Manager, by phone at: (503) 725-9686 or via email at email@example.com.