BA114 Strategic Business Analysis
Knowing how to apply the tools and techniques of business analysis does not guarantee that a person will become a valued analyst. How the analyst carries out the work is nearly as important as the work itself. Participants discuss and experiment with several behaviors, characteristics, knowledge, and personal qualities that support the practice of business analysis. They have the opportunity to complete a specially designed questionnaire that will help them evaluate their own strengths and weaknesses and prepare an action plan for personal development.
The course will also take a look at software tools that are available to help analysts do their job, including analytically focused tools as well as the emerging collaborative tools available "in the cloud."
What You Cover
- What are the competencies of analytical thinking and problem solving?
- What behavioral characteristics should an analyst have?
- What business knowledge is needed of an analyst?
- What communications skills must an analyst possess?
- What interaction skills are necessary as a part of the analyst’s work?
- What software expertise is important for an analyst and what new software will become more important?
How You Benefit
- Describe the behaviors, characteristics, knowledge, and personal qualities that support the practice of business analysis
- Identify fundamental skills required for each competency area
- Evaluate their own analyst competencies for strengths and weaknesses
Discounts may apply, please refer to the registration page for details.
Instructor: Ron Sarazin
Ron Sarazin is president of Olympic Performance, Inc., a consulting company, and CEO of Process Path, Inc., a software company. He holds a BS in industrial engineering from Oregon State University and completed advanced training at the University of Idaho and Stanford University. Mr. Sarazin has held leadership positions with ALCOA, PACCAR, PGE, and Mutual Health Systems, Inc. He is an accomplished author and trainer, and his most recent publication, Action with Traction, is available on Amazon. Mr. Sarazin has been active in his profession and the community, and is a youth soccer coach.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)