The Center for Electron Microsocopy and Nanofabrication at Portland State University is a signature research facility of the Oregon Nanoscience and Microtechnology Institute (ONAMI), a collaboration between Oregon's research universities, Pacific Northwest National Laboratories and industry partners.
- We received NSF-MRI Awards to purchase a scanning microprobe including XPS, UPS, AES.
- We are purchasing three Oxford instruments SDD EDX detectors to upgrade our TECNAI F20 TEM, Sirion SEM, and Strata FIB. We plan to install the detectors and Aztec software in July 2013.
- An automated surface analyser is successfully installed at CEMN. The instrument offers single and multipoint BET surface area analysis, pore size and volume analysis for solid materials.
- Jeol 2000FX TEM is successfully installed and available for training. The microscope is installed with an Oxford EDX detector and Gatan CCD camera.
- A HAADF detector has been successfully installed on TECNAI F20 TEM
- We are purchasing two slicon drift detectors for TECNAI F20 TEM and Jeol 2000FX TEM
- We have a new Zeiss Sigma VP SEM installed with EDS and WDS