The Center for Electron Micrsocopy and Nanofabrication (CEMN) at Portland State Univesity (PSU) is a signature research facility of the Oregon Nanoscience and Microtechnology Institute (ONAMI), a collaboration between Oregon's research universities, Pacific Northwest National Laboratories and industry partners.
- CEMN 2014 Open House is coming soon...
- Engineering Credential in Applied Electron Microscopy will start in September.
- CEMN has successfully installed VersaProbe II. The system equipped with Ar and C60 sputtering gun, dual charge neutralizer etc, provides high performance XPS large area spectroscopy, superior micro-area spectroscopy, chemical imaging, and secondary electron imaging with a raster scanned 10 µm diameter x-ray beam. It is suitable for surface composition, chemical state l, electronic structure analysis.
- CEMN received NSF-MRI Awards to purchase a scanning microprobe including XPS, UPS, AES.
- CEMN is purchasing three Oxford instruments SDD EDX detectors to upgrade our TECNAI F20 TEM, Sirion SEM, and Strata FIB. We plan to install the detectors and Aztec software in July 2013.
- An automated surface analyser is successfully installed at CEMN. The instrument offers single and multipoint BET surface area analysis, pore size and volume analysis for solid materials.
- Jeol 2000FX TEM is successfully installed and available for training. The microscope is installed with an Oxford EDX detector and Gatan CCD camera.
- A HAADF detector has been successfully installed on TECNAI F20 TEM
- CEMN is purchasing two slicon drift detectors for TECNAI F20 TEM and Jeol 2000FX TEM
- CEMN has a new Zeiss Sigma VP SEM installed with EDS and WDS