Self Service Software
A range of software can be installed on PSU-owned computers using the Self Service Software tool. You can find a list of available software at Free Software for PSU-Owned Computers. This tool cannot be accessed from lab computers.
Installing Self Service Software
Installations can take anywhere from several minutes to several hours to complete, depending on file size.
- Open the Start menu.
- Select All Programs.
- Open Self Service Software.
- In the Available Software tab, check the boxes beside the programs you want to install.
- Select the Install Selected button.
- Wait for the program to appear in the Installation Status tab and begin installing.
Note: Once a program moves to the Installation Status tab, it will remain there permanently and disappear from the Available Software tab.
- Open Finder.
- Select Applications.
- Open Self Service.
- Enter your Odin username and password.
- Select Run/Install for each program you want to install from the list of available software
Note: The status of each current installation will appear in the status bar at the top of the window. To see a list of queued installations, select the button with the downward arrow in the upper right corner of the window.
To see a list of software currently installed on lab computers, visit Software Locations.
Contact the Helpdesk for additional assistance.