Self Service Software
A range of software can be installed on PSU-owned computers using the Self Service Software tool. The list of available software will vary depending on the computer’s operating system. This tool cannot be accessed from lab computers.
Installing Self Service Software
Installations can take anywhere from several minutes to several hours to complete, depending on file size.
- Open the Start menu.
- Select All Programs.
- Open Self Service Software.
- In the Available Software tab, check the boxes beside the programs you want to install.
- Select Install.
- Wait for the program to appear in the Installation Status tab and begin installing. (Note: Once a program moves to the Installation Status tab, it will remain there permanently and disappear from the Available Software tab).
- Open Finder.
- Select Applications.
- Open Self Service.
- Enter your Odin username and password.
- Select Run/Install for each program you want to install from the list of available software.
- Wait for the number of programs you selected to appear in the Show Downloads button (the downward arrow in the upper right corner of the window). You can click on the Show Downloads button to see the installation progress.
To see a list of software currently installed on lab computers, visit Software Locations.
Contact the Helpdesk for additional assistance.