The Data Cookbook is a central database that stores PSU’s administrative systems data definitions and report specifications. Although many of the terms and reports defined relate to DataMASTER and Banner, other systems can be incorporated. The Data Cookbook is a collaborative effort between the Office of Information Technology and the campus Data Stewards Committee, a group dedicated to creating a single version of the truth for PSU data and reporting.
Using Data Cookbook
Data Cookbook Resources
- PSU Standards for Term Definitions: Guidelines for defining PSU standard terms.
- How to Create a Term: Instructions for creating terms in the Data Cookbook.
- Viewing Data Cookbook Terms: Information about how to sort and view terms.
Data Cookbook Access
To access the Data Cookbook, follow these steps:
- Navigate to pdx.datacookbook.com.
- If you've already been given access, log in with your Odin username and password. Otherwise continue to Step 3.
- If this is your first time logging in, submit a request form and wait for confirmation from the Data Cookbook Administrator.
Contact the OIT-BISupport-Group@pdx.edu for additional assistance.