- LING 410/510: Selected Topics: Literacy and Language
- LING 560: Research Design
- LING 561: Research Methods
- Adult literacy, digital literacy and second language development
- Longitudinal studies of literacy and language development
- Role of technology in adult learning and adult education
- Literacy, language and technology in the workplace
- Digital literacy in vulnerable populations (National Telecommunication and Information Agency, US Department of Commerce)
- Tutor-facilitated digital literacy acquisition (Institute for Museum and Library Services)
- Longitudinal Study of Adult Learning (US Department of Education)
- National Labsite for Adult ESOL (US Department of Education)
- Program Impact Study (US Department of Education)
- National Agricultural Workers Survey (NAWS) (US Department of Labor / JBS)
- Reder, S. (2014). The Impact of ABS Program Participation on Long-Term Economic Outcomes. Washington DC: U.S. Department of Education.
- Reder, S. (2013). Lifelong and life-wide adult literacy development. Perspectives on Language and Literacy, 39(2), 18-22. Retrieved from http://www.onlinedigeditions.com/article/Lifelong+and+Life-Wide+Adult+Li...
- Reder, S., Vanek, J., & Wrigley, H. S. (2012). Supporting digital literacy development in LESLLA learners. In P. Vinogradov & M. Bigelow (Eds.), Low educated adult second language and literacy acquisition: Proceedings of the 7th symposium on low-educated adult second language and literacy acquisition, September 2011 (pp. 47–66). Minneapolis, MN: University of Minnesota. Retrieved from http://www.leslla.org/files/resources/leslla_2011_Proceedings.pdf
- Reder, S. (2012). The Longitudinal Study of Adult Learning: Challenging Assumptions. Montreal, QC: The Centre for Literacy, 1-6. Research brief retrieved from http://www.centreforliteracy.qc.ca/sites/default/files/CFLRsrchBrief_Chl...
- Reder, S. (2010). Participation, life events and the perception of basic skills improvement. In J. Derrick, J. Field, P. Lavender, S. Meyer, U. Howard, & T. Schuller (Eds.), Remaking adult learning: Essays on adult education in honour of Alan Tuckett. London: Institute of Education.
- Reder, S. (2010). Adult literacy development and economic growth. Washington DC: National Institute for Literacy.
- Bynner, J., Reder, S., Parsons, S., & Strawn, C. (2010). The digital divide: Computer use, basic skills and employment – A comparative study in Portland USA and London England. London: National Research and Development Centre, University of London.
- Condelli, L., Kirshtein, R., Silver-Pacuilla, H., Reder, S., & Wrigley, H. (2010). Changing the odds: Informing policy with research on how adult learners succeed. Washington DC: American Institutes for Research.