Community Environmental Services is a nonprofit, university-based service provider that draws on 25 years of experience to meet your waste management needs. We use cutting-edge research, best practices, and our own hands to help your organization reduce, reuse, and recycle waste.
Community Environmental Services (CES), provides students with materials management and sustainability career experience in the community with various businesses, municipalities, and partners. The unique and innovative perspectives that students bring to their partners throughout the region, are pushing sustainability goals forward and fostering the next generation of the materials management workforce.
CES helps organizations:
- Analyze and minimize greenhouse gas output
- Assess your current waste output and practices
- Help you meet LEED certification requirements or zero-waste status
- Identify purchasing decisions that will help you avoid waste
- Cut your waste-handling costs, and
- Design customized systems to recycle your waste or put it to good use in the community
- Educate and motivate your employees, tenants, and communities to commit themselves to reducing waste
- Do the day-to-day work of running your waste management program long-term
We have built enduring relationships with those we serve. We leverage those relationships and the rich experience of Portland State University—a national leader in sustainability—to guide you to innovative solutions that will make your organization proud. Our experienced program staff also harness the energy and dedication of university students to bring the freshest knowledge to our work, to help keep your costs down, and to provide student work experiences that shape the sustainability experts of tomorrow.
Call us at (503) 725-8469 to explore customized waste management solutions for your organization