WRC Action Teams
If you are interested in participating in an Action Team, the first step is to join the WRC community on OrgSync. To learn how to do this go to our How to join the WRC on OrgSync page. Once you've signed up on OrgSync, you can apply to be a volunteer at the WRC or join an Action Team. You'll also receive news about events, opportunities, and ways to get involved at the WRC.
Want to join an Action Team? It's simple! Fill out our Volunteer Registration Form.
All information submitted on the application is private and confidential and will not be sold. If you have specific questions about Action Teams, please email Sheena at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WRC Action Teams
Joining an Action Team at the WRC is a great way to develop leadership skills, practice community activism, create meaningful change, network, make new friends, and have fun too. The WRC hosts the following Action Teams:
Environmental Justice Action Team
- The Environmental Justice Action Team strives to promote and teach sustainability on campus; making sustainability accessible to students. We plan to work toward informing individuals about environmental justice, but also towards strengthening and building the action team into a sustainable and established presence on campus. This will include the regular attendance of members at meetings, building faulty relations, and creating connections with other groups on campus.
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PSUEcoFemmes
Body Politics Action Team
- The Body Politics Action Team (BPAT) promotes body positivity and acceptance of all people at PSU by exploring our intersectionalities between gender, race, religion, class, health, sexuality, ability, and upbringing. Our mission is to build a community that fosters and supports not only radical self-love and self-care, but also love and care for those around us. We hope to explore the relationship we have with our bodies, both influenced by external forces, as well as internal forces.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BPATPSU
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bpat_psu
Reproductive Justice Action Team
- Reproductive Justice works to support the rights of people to make their own decisions about their reproductive and sexual health, and to have access to knowledge and resources to help make those decisions. We do this by developing quarterly goals and holding events on campus ranging from films and discussions, lectures, safe sex talks and much more in order to engage students in relevant issues of reproductive justice.
- Email: WRCreproductivejustice@gmail.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WRCRJAT
Women Veterans Outreach Action Team
- This group aims to create community amongst student veterans at PSU. Contribute to the conversation and represent Women Veteran needs and goals for the Women’s Resource center, as well as influence the events and programming at the WRC for women veterans.
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WVOAT
Women of Color Action Team
- WOCAT works to provide a safe space for women of color to focus solely on developing events that address the unique issues of women of color. It is an opportunity to network and build an empowered community of women of color at Portland State University. This is a closed space for women of color.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EPWOCAT
Gender Justice Action Team
- GJAT works to create a space for discussion that focuses on how gender plays a role in social justice issues such as: quality of health, environmental justice, queer identities, and communities of color. GJAT activism work and team activities use an intersectional framework. GJAT is a LGBTQIA+ and POC welcoming space.
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GenderJusticeActionTeam
Just curious about Action Teams?
Feel free to drop-in for an Action Team meeting. View our Upcoming Events to find out when the next meeting is scheduled to take place.