A Korean Art Music Concert:
“Reworked: New Compositions for Korean Gayageum & Piano"
Part 1 of a 2-night, East Asian Performance Series
DATE: Thursday, February 21, 2012 (Add to your Google calendar >>)
TIME: 7:30 PM
LOCATION: PSU Lincoln Recital Hall, room 75; (1620 SW Park Ave.)
Free and open to the public.
- Dr. Ae Soon Sung, gayageum performer, Traditonal Music Dept, Chonnam National
- Dr. Hyun Ok Moon, pianist, Music Dept., Chonnam National University, South Korea;
- Dr. Hyun Su Chung, composer, Music Dept., Chonnam National University, South Korea;
- and Dr. Julia Hwakyu Lee, adjunct professor of piano at Portland State University.
The program consists of works by Hyun-Sue Chung for piano and gayageum, including:
- Sung Geum-yeon School Gayagem Sanjo
- Hyun-Sue Chung Heung for piano solo (world premier)
- Hyun-Sue Chung Elegeiā for gayagum &
- Hyun-Sue Chung TrillArirang for four hands piano (world premier)
This series was developed by Dr. Wynn Kiyama, assistant professor of musicology and ethnomusicology; Dr. Julia Lee, adjunct professor of piano; and Katherine Morrow, program administrator of the Institute for Asian Studies.
Funding was provided in part through a PSU
and Chonnam National University.
*Admissioon is Free, No tickets requried*
Doors open @ 7:00pm, Open seating.
PSU parking is FREE after 7 PM, Mon-TH. PSU Parking map >>