Green Campus Tour: PSU Community Orchard and Apiary
Stroll through 30+ species of fruit trees, visit the beehives, or study at the cob bench in the Community Orchard. This space utilizes permaculture principles to mimic the processes of natural systems and is also home to PSU's campus apiary. The apiary is the result of a student led project in partnership with PSU faculty and staff that brought honeybee hives and mason bee nest boxes to the community orchard. In the spring of 2016 PSU was certified a Bee Campus, USA and become a more pollinator friendly environment while promoting hands-on learning opportunities for the campus community.
The community orchard is just one of several campus gardens. PSU’s collection of student-focused gardens offer opportunities to learn about plant care, habitat restoration, community building, food production, cultural diversity and much more.
2. Academic & Student Rec Center
3. Bike Hub
4. Shattuck Hall Ecological Learning Plaza
6. Smith Memorial Student Union
7. Collaborative Life Sciences Building
8. Shattuck Hall
10. Native American Student Center
11. Stott Community Field
12. Epler Hall & Splash Boxes
13. PSU Community Orchard & Apiary
14. Bike Garage with Living Roof
15. Science Research Center