Trans Resources

Transgender Resources and Retention Coordinator

The QRC's Trans Student Resources and Retention Coordinator (TReC) serves as the point person for resources and services for students who identify as trans, non-binary, gender-expansive, and/or questioning as well as students who are intersex. The TReC serves as the lead organizer for Trans Empowerment, Resistance, and Resilience (TEMPRR) Days, and works to educate campus community members about transgender people, their unique needs and their contributions. Additionally, They meet with students by appointment to discuss navigating gender identity struggles and the university system.

If you are seeking resources and support, please use the Trans Resource and Retention Intake Form to connect with our TReC so that they can assess your needs/interests and respond accordingly! Additionally, you can email them at

The QRC space is also welcoming and open to students, staff, and faculty who are looking for more information on how to support or learn more about transgender, non-binary, and gender-expansive people in their lives. The staff is always happy to speak with folks about their questions. Please drop by the space, call, or email us!

SHAC's Trans Health Advocate

The Center for Student Health and Counseling's Trans Health Advocate is Nick Walden Poublon. Nick can provide information about trans specific resources with SHAC and PacificSource Student Health. With questions or to make an appointment to discuss student healthcare, email

Legal Name Override

Transgender students have the option of overriding their legal name in the PSU system with a chosen name. By meeting with a QRC staff person to complete a simple form, you can update your preferred name on student ID, in class rosters, and in other campus data systems. If you are unable to meet in person, please contact the TReC to discuss your options.

Please note that PSU is required to retain your legal name for official academic record in the student information system. A name override is also different from a Banweb preferred name update.

For more information or to make an appointment, please call 503-725-9742, or email the Trans Resources Coordinator.  

Name/Pronoun Advocacy

The QRC offers advocacy for students whose name or pronoun is different from what the University may provide to faculty for Classroom Rosters. By filling out the information in the form below, the Trans Resources and Retention Coordinator will email instructors to advise them of your name and pronoun along with a way to contact us if they have further questions.

Fill out the Name/Pronoun Advocacy form!

Other Campus Resources

In addition to the QRC, many other departments and student groups provide programming and information specifically for trans students. Check out these resources!

Title IX

Issues involving discrimination toward trans students are covered under Title IX laws. Find out more about Title IX or contact the Title IX Coordinator through the Office of Equity & Compliance.

General Resources

For trans resources outside the PSU community or for non-students, please refer to the Community Trans Resources page.
See our Queer Resources in & Around Portland page for Organizations that serve many facets of the LGBTQ community here in Portland.